Wednesday, January 28, 2009

So have you ever?

Gotten something in your mind and then not be able to "shut it out"? That was my dilemma. I have been thinking about starting a blog for years, and never done it. I decided to look into the idea yesterday, all my choices seemed overwhelming, too overwhelming. I pondered what to write, what choice of photo, colors and then what do you write in the "About You" section. Yikes!! I did know I wanted to tell you about the other great blogs I'm reading, the books I'm reading and the projects I'm doing. But where to start?!?!? So then I woke up at 3:58 a.m. and couldn't stop thinking about it. So after an hour tossing and turning here I am. Beginning my shout out to the world. But once again where to start . . . . . .

How about COLOR? Isn't that what you might ask a new friend in grade school? A guy you're starting to date? It's one of those elemental things. I wonder, do we think we can know someone better if we know their favorite color or are we just looking for common ground?? Anyway, I digress (something you'll find I do often), so I'm thinking about my favorite colors and I think why not checkout the Crayola website! So here are a "few" of my favorites (not in any particular order) -- Caribbean Green, Cornflower, Cerulean, Electric Lime, Inch Worm, Laser Lemon, Fuchsia, Green Pacific Blue, Periwinkle, Purple Heart, Razzle Dazzle Rose, Robin Egg Blue, Screamin Green, Shocking Pink, Turquoise Blue, Unmellow Yellow, Wisteria, Yellow, Yellow Green. Honestly, can you tell that Gen X has been put in charge of naming colors. Wow! I love Inch Worm, but I'm not sure you would know what color I mean unless you look it up. I noticed after sorting through this list that I was missing one of my all time favorites that I remember from the box of 64 you had to buy at the beginning of the school year, am I dating myself yet? Thistle was missing from the list of colors. A search ensued, and here's what I found out . . . it was introduced in 1949 and remained in the box until it was removed from the 120-count assortment in 2000 to make room for Indigo. What? I mean, isn't Indigo just another name for Navy? Anyway checkout the Crayola website there are all different color facts there, it will tell you the personality traits for your favorite color, if you can just pick one!

No comments:

Post a Comment