Thursday, January 29, 2009

Inspiration



As a people we're inspired by many things: our surroundings, other people, events. Throughout my life one of my inspirations has been my Grandmother!! She will be turning 86 in about a month. Right now she is down in Florida with one of her best friends for two months. "The girls" rented a trailer so that they could escape the icy, snowy winter of the Midwest. Grandma called to check in this week, and she sounded so great. She is taking a writing class (you go girl), doing a bible study course and attending purple hat luncheons, among other things. Their favorite mode of transportation are three wheeled bikes. Wow! I hope when I'm her age I'll be able to have her energy and enthusiasm. She worked with my Grandfather for many years to run the farm and raise a family - it's fun for us, as a family, to see her come into her own!

No comments:

Post a Comment